NACCM CE PROVIDER APPROVAL PROCESS
The mission of the National Academy of Certified Care Managers is to support a high level of competence in the practice of care management. NACCM believes in strengthening the education and training of care managers, encouraging participation in multiple forms of continuing education and professional development. Care Managers Certified (CMC) must renew their certification every three years. The renewal criteria include earning 45 contact hours of continuing education related to care management practice.
If you are an organization interested in
- being a CE provider for CMCs, or
- having individual events pre-approved for contact hours
we invite you to apply.
Please review the criteria below, and then follow instructions for either becoming a CE provider or for obtaining approval for a single event.
Upon approval, NACCM will display approved CE providers on our website with a link to your event or calendar.
Educational offerings must:
- Be no less than one clock hour in duration. A clock hour is 60 minutes of instruction time and does not include breaks, meals, social hours, welcomes or introductions.
- Include clearly stated and measurable learning objectives,
- Maintain or advance the skills and/or knowledge of care managers, and address the content domains identified as the knowledge base needed by qualified care managers,
- Allow sufficient time to present the topic in depth and detail for learners to meet the learning objectives,
- Use presenters having sufficient knowledge of the topic area to meet the learning objectives.
CE providers must:
- Provide participants with a vehicle to evaluate content, ability to meet learning objectives, environment, and speaker efficacy.
- Provide each participant who completes a program with a certificate verifying that the program was completed. The certificate shall contain the name of the attendee, provider’s name and approval number, title of program, date of program, location, instructor, and number of contact hours.
- Have a record keeping system for CE programs
- Retain an attendance record with the signature of the participants for at least five years.
- Retain all presentation documents for five years, including program title, description, learning objectives, presenter qualifications, location, date, number of contact hours, number and name of participants, participant evaluations and certificates issued.
- Have on record a description of how evaluation information is used to evaluate program quality and to plan future programs.
- Maintain procedures for the identification of program topics, evaluation of content accuracy and presenter performance.
NACCM reserves the right to audit providers’ records at any time with 30 day notice.
For detailed information on how to become an approved CE provider, please download the Provider Approval Process document.
To apply for CE approval for a single event, please submit the following information to email@example.com no later than 30 days prior to the event.
1. Date, time, and schedule of event
2. Description and learning objectives for each session / course
3. CV for each presenter
4. Sample certificate of attendance
5. Sample evaluation
6. Marketing materials
The fee for CE approval of a single event is $100 per full day and $50 per half-day. You can send in a check, or pay online with a credit card.
Please contact Julie Wagner, Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information.