The Director of Care Management is responsible for leading and overseeing the Care Management functions across the care continuum. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to: developing a Care Management strategic plan; ensuring consistency of policies, procedures, and practice; monitoring compliance with regulations and ensuring consistent application of regulatory changes at all entities; monitoring key performance metrics that support the practice of Care Management; and working collaboratively with UTMB’s Ambulatory services and Community Health Programs to create an integrated comprehensive care management infrastructure that ensures seamless transitions of care. The position is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s Care Management program and ensuring consistent understanding and application. The position establishes clear educational goals and a training plan for Care Management. The position establishes the competencies required for each position in Care Management and a consistent process for evaluating the competencies. The position works with the Chief Medical and Clinical Innovation Officer to ensure the Care Management program is in line with the organization’s strategic plan. The position provides recommendations on changes to the programs to ensure they remain competitive with peer organizations.
Scope: All UTMB Health System acute care hospitals and outpatient areas (i.e., ambulatory service sites and community health programs).
Minimum Qualifications include:
* MD or RN-BSN
* Holder of Texas license or eligibility to apply for a Texas nursing or physician license.
* Certification in Case Management (CCM or ACM) or willingness to pursue certification
* Minimum 10 years of experience in acute care setting. Medical/Surgical and/or ICU experience preferred. 5-7 years hospital leadership experience in a complex health system managing multiple departments or facilities.
* Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or other related field.
* Specific experience in managing Care Management in acute care settings to include care coordination, utilization management, transition planning, and social work.
* Managed care claims/reimbursement experience.
* Demonstrated leadership experience that has included accountability for the design and effectiveness of care improvement, care processes, and/or transitions in care.
To apply for consideration, go to https://utmb.us/683
Equal Employment Opportunity:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
301 University Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77555