I need a good Care Manager to make sure my care assistants work efficiently and effectively. You would be part of a team that includes a Health Care Advocate and a Personal Assistant. Your job as Care Manager is to promote the my quality of life, help maintain maximum independence, improve communication with and among care assistants, make sure my personal needs are met, and provide education and training to care assistants.
1. Manage all care assistants so they perform optimally.
2. Oversee all care assistant training and retraining.
3. Coordinate with staff and agency to fill missing shifts.
Implement processes and protocols to improve efficiency and quality.
4. Meet with each care assistant a minimum of once per month — and communicate regularly email, text or phone.
5. Meet with client and personal health care advocate weekly on issues and concerns; interface with Power of Attorney.
6. Organize and monitor medications.
7. Address disability access issues and equipment problems, or delegate to personal assistant as appropriate.
8. Handle emergencies.
9. Manage online care assistant communication in CareZone (training provided).
The ideal candidate, meets these requirements:
– Certified Care Manager or Master’s degree in health, human or education services or related field
– 5+ years in a care management, with people reporting to you
– Excellent work ethic and sound judgement
– Strong verbal and written communication
– Knowledge of physical disabilities
– Familiarity with MS Office, Google, and Google Docs.
This is a private hire contract hire for 8-10 hours per week.
How to Apply
Email a resume AND cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and what makes you a strong candidate.
Annie On Your Side
Berkeley, CA 94704