Full Life Care
Position Title: Health Home Care Coordinator
Position Summary: The Care Coordinator operates under the FLC Health Home Care Coordination Organization and FLC Health Home Program Manager. The Care Coordinator directly interacts with Health Home service beneficiaries. Care Coordinator works with beneficiary to develop a Health Action Plan that includes a client-driven long-term goal, coinciding short-term goals and specific action steps as well as required and clinically indicated screenings. The Care Coordinator is responsible for supporting beneficiaries and their families in coordinating the beneficiary’s healthcare services and increasing the beneficiary’s and family’s knowledge and skills to be able to self-manage healthcare needs. The Care Coordinator provides six Health Home services to beneficiaries on caseload as appropriate and needed. These services include comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, transitional care planning and follow-up services, individual and family education and collaboration, community and social support services referral coordination, and use of health information technology. The Care Coordinator will communicate with authorizing entities and the beneficiary’s interdisciplinary team to ensure quality and continuity of care according to beneficiary’s goals. The Care Coordinator will provide services in the community where the beneficiary resides and services will be provided in-person when needed at the location of beneficiary’s request. The role of the Care Coordinator involves direct coordination, advocacy, and education to assist the beneficiary in understanding the healthcare system and to access services for physical and behavioral health needs
1. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
2. Must have access to private reliable means of transportation; may require reliable vehicle for client transport;
3. Current Washington State Driver’s License and proof of safe driving record obtained through appropriate Washington state department;
4. A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Social Work, Psychology, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years work experience in human services, healthcare, mental health or related field;
5. Agency Affiliated Counselor (AAC) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC);
6. Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology;
7. Able to work independently and communicate effectively with clients and supervisors.
8. Ability to work in fast-paced environment and daily prioritize and complete tasks.
9. Ability to maintain professional boundaries and practice self-care.
1. Dependable and responsible;
2. Likes people and has a nurturing and caring attitude;
3. Organized, self-motivated, honest, and mature;
4. Must be able to lift 25lbs and support client’s mobility;
5. Must be able to operate office equipment including but not limited to computer keyboards, multi-line phone system, fax and copy machines.
Full Life Care