Continuing Education requirements:
Certification renewal requires a minimum of 45 hours of documented continuing education spread over the three (3) years of certification. Continuing education hours can be obtained either by being a participant or by being a presenter of a program meeting NACCM criteria.
Continuing education content must:
- Be related to the NACCM content domains and task statements.
- Be presented by certified care managers or other licensed, professionals, such as physicians, attorneys, social workers, nurses, psychologists, researchers, etc.
- Be targeted to a professional audience. (Does not include networking groups, support groups, community or church groups, etc.)
- Be at least one hour (60 minutes) in length.
- Be offered in the context of a college level course, institute, seminar, workshop, conference or in-service training.
- Be accrued during the three (3) year certification period, approximately 15 hours/year.
Please read the renewal instructions packet carefully as the renewal requirements and forms have been changed. You may download the documents below to complete your CMC renewal.